Japan is the third largest pharmaceutical market in the world. The market size was 11.8 trillion JPY (Approx.8.9 billion SEK) in FY 2019-20. The Government of Japan has promoted the healthcare industry as an important growth engine under the country’s economic revitalization and growth strategy since 2013. Major Japanese pharmaceutical companies spend between 15% and 25% of their revenue on research and development and are moving to further expand their global operations. To further strengthen their pipelines, they also invest in strategic alliances such as collaborative research and M&A with overseas companies, academia.
The Business Sweden webinar will be a great opportunity for Swedish life science companies and academia to learn about research priorities and collaboration structures of major Japanese Pharmaceutical companies directly from them.
Business Sweden’s Life Science in Tokyo team will also support with arrangement of one-on-one web meetings. After attending the webinar, please send your non-confidential materials to Business Sweden Tokyo at Etsuko.firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the companies you wish to have a follow-up meeting with, and how your company fits their research priorities.
We will set up MS Teams meetings with those companies who agree to meet.
Registration here (deadline 12.00 CET 11th September)
Speakers delivering the seminar: Principal Consultant, Dr Asha Kattige and Head of Non-Clinical & Principal Consultant, Dr Angeles Escarti-Nebot.
8:00 AM CET / 3:00 PM JST Opening Remarks
- Magnus Blondell, Life Science Lead East Asia Pacific, Business Sweden
8:05 AM CET / 3:05 PM JST Japanese companies’ presentations
- Kyouko Saita, Ph.D., Business Development, Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Yuichi Tominaga, Ph.D., Senior Director, Global Business Development, Daichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.
- Shinobu Mitsuda, Ph.D., Deputy Director, Sohyaku Innovative Research Division, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
- Hiroki Fujimoto, Associate Director, Business Development, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Jun Hidaka, Vice President, Head of External Innovation, External Innovation Department (EXID), Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd.
8:50 AM CET / 3:50 PM JST Q&A
9:00 AM CET / 4:00 PM JST Closing