We know the importance of privacy and confidentiality. Therefore, we adhere to strict guidelines regarding how we handle sensitive data. Especially when we borrow personal information about you.
In this policy you can read in detail about how we handle personal data, for which reason, and how you can control what data we store about you. Do not hesitate to contact us if you would like more information about the legal aspects of handling personal data.
- We respect your right to privacy, and we are committed to comply with applicable data protection rules and to safeguard your rights. We want to make sure that you are aware of what types of information we collect or obtain from you via the website, how this information is used and how we protect it.
- UBI is the data controller responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
2. What types of data do we process?
- Personal data means all types of information which can, directly or indirectly, be used to identify a living physical person (“Personal Data”).
- UBI collects and processes Personal Data about you when you visit our website, including:
- (i) information about how you in particular use the website;
- (ii) details of the queries you make; and
- (iii) technical data, which may include your URL, IP address, unique device ID, network and computer performance, browser type, language and identifying information and operating system.(i) to (iii) above is collectively referred to as “Technical Data”.
- UBI collects and processes Personal Data about you when you register for an event (for example a seminar or a workshop), including:
- (i) contact information including name, email address and telephone number; and
- (ii) other Personal Data that you provide us with.(i) and (ii) above is collectively referred to and “Contact Information”.
- UBI further collects information that is necessary for us to be able to contact you in your role as a representative for a company. UBI collects and processes information about you if you represent a company that is a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours, as well as a potential customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours. The information that we collect and process in such cases include contact information (such as name, address, title, company, email address and telephone number).
- UBI also collects Personal Data in connection with recruiting staff members. When you contact us to apply for a job opportunity with us, we collect such Personal Data that you provide us with in connection with such application. Personal Data normally included in a job application is contact information (name, address, email address and telephone number), CV (including previous work experience and education), and occasionally picture and personal registration number.
- Furthermore, UBI collects and processes Personal Data about you when you take part in an incubation program conducted by UBI. Personal Data that UBI collects and processes in such cases include personal registration number, name, postal address, email address, phone number, occupation, education and other Personal Data that you choose to share with us.
3. Why do we process your personal data?
UBI collects Personal Data relating to you for the following reasons:
- to provide, personalise and improve your experience with the website and;
- to enable integration with third party services;
- to analyse your use of the website and in order for us to develop and improve the website;
- to ensure the technical functioning of the website;
- to process registrations for events;
- to market ourselves and our events (provided however, that you will always have the right to opt-out of any marketing messages from us);
- to contact you as a representative for a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours
- to process job applications;
- to administer your participation in an incubation program and to fulfil our obligations under the program; and
- to fulfil requirements by law.
4. The legal grounds for processing personal data
UBI’s processing of your Personal Data is based on the legal grounds as follows:
The legal basis for UBI’s processing of Contact Information (as defined above) is that the processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of UBI, which is for UBI to be able to process registrations for events.
The legal basis for processing Personal Data such as Technical Data when you browse the UBI website is that the processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of UBI, which is for UBI to be able to develop and improve the website.
The legitimate interest of UBI may also constitute the legal basis for processing in situations where you provide us with your contact information by handing us a business card or otherwise has expressed an interest in our or services. The legitimate interests of UBI in such cases is for UBI to be able to market it’s services.
Furthermore, the legitimate interest of UBI is the legal basis for when UBI is processing your personal data when you are a representative for a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours. The legitimate interests of UBI in such cases are UBI’s need to contact you as a representative to administer the relationship UBI has with the company that you represent.
Also, the legitimate interest of UBI is the legal basis for UBI’s processing of your Personal Data in connection with your job application, in which cases the legitimate interests of UBI are to be able to secure that its employees has sufficient education and experience.
Additionally, the legitimate interest of UBI is the legal basis for UBI’s processing of your Personal Data in connection with UBI distributing newsletters, invitations to events and collaboration offers. The legitimate interests of UBI in such cases is for UBI to be able to market itself and its services.
Performance of a contract
UBI will collect and process Personal Data about you in connection with you participating in an incubation program with UBI. The purpose of UBI’s collecting and processing of your Personal Data in such cases are for UBI to be able to administer your participation in an incubation program and to fulfil UBI’s obligations under the program, based on the legal ground that this is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into between you and UBI.
UBI may process your Personal Data for the purpose of complying with safety standards and other statutory requirements, based on the legal ground that this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which UBI is subject.
5. For how long do we store data?
6. How may data be shared?
- UBI will not sell, trade or lease your Personal Data to third parties. However, UBI may share Personal Data with our trusted subcontractors (including Internet service providers). They may need access to the Personal Data in their assignment for us, but they will not be allowed to use the Personal Data for any other purpose.
- Unless otherwise set forth in any specific information regarding our processing of your personal data, UBI will not transfer your Personal Data to any country outside the EU/EEA.
- Personal Data may be disclosed by UBI to comply with legal requirements or other requirements from official authorities, in order to safeguard UBI’s legal interests or to detect, prevent, or draw attention to frauds or other safety or technical problems.
- Personal Data that UBI collect may be transferred to Internet service providers based outside of EU/EEA as a part of such Internet service provider’s provision of services in connection with UBI’s website. Personal Data will also be transferred to USA through Google Analytics. UBI has ensured that your rights are guaranteed before making such transfer to USA by Google’s adherence to EU-US Privacy Shield. More information is available at www.privacyshield.gov.
7. Protection of your personal data
You should always feel secure when you provide your Personal Data to us. We have employed a wide range of security measures to help protect your Personal Data against undue access, modification and deletion.
We protect your Personal Data using commercially reasonable safeguards to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures include data encryption, firewalls, automatic timeouts and one-time access links that expire within hours. Furthermore, our servers are protected by SSL certificates issued by one of the top-ranking Certification Authorities. Therefore, you can rest assured that your Personal Data is in safe hands.
8. Your rights regarding your data
Withdrawal of consent
Corrections, additions or erasure
You are always entitled to access your Personal Data for viewing, and to request that we correct or update your Personal Data. Furthermore, you have the right to demand that we erase your Personal Data (unless the Personal Data has to be saved for another purpose, for example to fulfil legal obligations).
Restriction of use and data portability
Under certain circumstances, you may request that UBI restricts the use of your Personal Data. You also have the right to have your Personal Data resubmitted to you, in a structured and accessible format, for transfer to another user/processor.
Requests and Complaints
Should you be dissatisfied with our processing of your Personal Data, please let us know, and we will do our best to meet your complaints. Your integrity is very important to us, and we always strive to protect and secure your Personal Data in the best possible way. Should we nevertheless, in your opinion, fail in this ambition, please note that you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Sw. Datainspektionen, which will change its name to Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten), or such other authority as may be determined in the future.
9. Cookies information
We use both session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain on the device for a certain amount of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes described in this table:
|Type of cookie|
|Necessary for the website to function||These cookies are necessary for us to provide the website to you. For example, these cookies allow us to recognize who you are and then provide accurate information to you.|
|Performance and analysis||We use these cookies to analyze how the website is accessed, used, or functioning. We use the information to maintain and improve the website.|
This site uses following cookies:
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate.|
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.|
SSL / HTTPS
Information about when the SSL-certificate has been installed and/or activated: Equivalent to the initial publication date of this website (i.e. 21st of May 2018).
11. How to contact us
You can contact us at: Umeå Biotech Incubator AB, 907 36 Umeå, Sweden, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.